It is our pleasure to once again collaborate with Oxford Research, a Nordic consultancy firm working with knowledge and research-based innovation and development. Jointly we would like to invite you to a 3-day Green City & Sustainable Urban Development Cluster Master Class taking place on 29th - 31st January 2020 in Mombasa, Kenya.
Solving the most pressing challenges of our time requires not only a management approach but also a carefully thought-out multi-stakeholder engagement facilitation. Issues of today's world related to climate adaptation, drinking water, buildings, sanitation, waste management, transportation, and energy are not solved by a single institution or technology. They require a holistic approach that includes citizens, multiple businesses, public authorities, organisations and often also academia. To reach viable solutions and create lasting impact we at Quercus Group, apply our methodologies and facilitation skills and combine these with our hands-on experience in building multi-stakeholder platforms and innovation clusters.
Master Class is designed for business members and cluster managers working in city administrations and regional economic development agencies, within the topics of city planning and sustainable urban development.
THE TRAINING CONCEPT CONSISTS OF:
• Preparation of C40 city members on how to work with clusters and multi-stakeholder engagement in practise
• Inspiration on how various cities respond to the SDG's and adapt to climate change through clustering and innovative multi-stakeholder collaboration creation
• Theory: our 10 step model to cluster excellence is a proven model on how to build multi-stakeholder platforms and sustainable innovation clusters
• Practical tools and examples of multi-stakeholder and citizen engagement
• Interactive discussions and co-creation
• Exercises taking point of departure in the participant's local context
• Guest speakers and interaction with successful cluster and multi-stakeholder platform managers.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE MASTERCLASS:
• Build a solid cluster overview and learn from the best practitioners on how to build and implement successful multi-stakeholder platforms and cluster initiatives
• Get practical tools and models for cluster development and for engaging public, private, academic and civil society stakeholders in strong partnerships
• Learn and discuss about concrete actions, long-term business models and financial models for innovation clusters and multi-stakeholder platforms
• Learn and discuss how Open Innovation and Living Labs can support SDG implementation and sustainable urban development
• Meet practitioners and successful cluster managers to discuss and translate their experience into your local reality through exercises and interactive sessions
• Learn how to organise strong clusters and multi-stakeholder platforms and how to build strong international cluster-to-cluster or city-to-city collaborations
The Master Class will be facilitated by our CEO Nicolai Sederberg Rottbøll who is an experienced cluster practitioner and since the establishment of Quercus Group in 2012 has advised cluster managers, governments, city administrations and organisations in 30+ countries. Before, founding Quercus Group, he was the main driving force behind the development and management of one of Europe's largest and fastest growing cleantech clusters - Copenhagen Cleantech Cluster. Nicolai's speciality is multi-stakeholder engagement, organisational models, business & membership models and international cluster collaboration.
He will be joined by Jakob Stoumann who is Managing Director of Oxford Research Denmark. Throughout his career, Jakob has been working with knowledge-based innovation, design processes and strategic development in the cross-field of private businesses, start-ups, academia, public authorities and civil society. He carries substantial hands-on experience in designing and building cluster initiatives, innovation hubs and multi-stakeholder platforms. Further, Jakob holds significant expertise in sustainable urban and regional planning and is frequently involved in developing strategies, master and action plans for city districts and smart city initiatives.
Timing and location of the Master Class
29th - 31st January 2020, Mombasa, Kenya
Sign-up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with specifying your name, title, organisation, address and contact information (phone, email and web)
1000 EUR excl. vat
Get in touch
Call us at +45 2949 4561 or email at email@example.com for more information